GEP YL A2 Exam - BEARS
The YL GEP English Exam - A2 tests the young learner’s general ability to deal with simple, straightforward information and begin to express himself in familiar contexts.
The GEP YL A2 Exam determines the student’s listening ability to understand phrases and expressions related to areas of immediate priority (e.g. very basic personal and family information, games, school, etc.).
The GEP YL A2 Exam also tests a student’s capacity to generally identify the topic of discussion around him and his ability to recognise when speakers agree and disagree in a conversation.
GEP YL A2 Exam- Grammar Objectives Tested
- Adjectives – comparative, – use of than and a definite article
- Adjectives – superlative – use of definite article
- Adverbial phrases of time, place and frequency – including word order
- Adverbs of frequency
- Articles – with countable and uncountable nouns
- Countable and Uncountables: much/many
- Future Time (will and going to)
- Going to
- Modals – can/could
- Modals – have to
- Modals – should
- Past continuous
- Past simple
- Phrasal verbs – common
- Possessives – use of ‘s, s’
- Prepositional phrases (place, time and movement)
- Prepositions of time: on/in/at
- Present continuous
- Present continuous for future
- Present perfect
- Verb + ing/infinitive: like/
- want-would like
- Wh-questions in past
- Zero and 1st conditional
GEP YL A2 Exam- Vocabulary tested
- Adjectives: personality, description, feelings
- Food and drink
- Things in the town
GEP YL A2 Exam- Topics of Conversation tested
- Hobbies and pastimes
- Play and Games
In general, the GEP YL A2 Exam tests the learner’s social functions like greeting people, asking how they are and handling very short social exchanges.
The GEP YL A2 Exam also probes the ability of the young learner to get out and about, asking for information and directions, making simple transactions in the school cafeteria and getting simple information.